One Arm Dumbbell Lying Triceps Extension
Grasp a dumbbell and sit at the end of a flat bench with the dumbbell at the top of your thigh. Then lie on the bench (with your head at the end) and bring the dumbbell straight up above your chest, with your hand facing in (neutral grip). This will be your starting position.
As you breathe in start lower the weight in controlled motion, keeping your upper arm stationary and your elbow pointing forward until the dumbbell are right beside to your year and your triceps is completely stretched. From this position carefully change the direction of the movement and bring the dumbbell back to the starting position as you breathe out.So that's one rep of the one arm dumbbell lying triceps extension.
- -Keep your elbow pointing forward while you performing one arm dumbbell lying triceps extension.
- -During the movement hold your arm perpendicular to the floor and don't move your elbow back or forward.
- -Don't lock your elbow at the top to keep the tension on the triceps muscle.
- -To perform the exercise safe and correct the negative phase of the movement should be twice longer than the positive.
- -Be very careful with the selecting of the weights, this exercise could be very dangerous for your elbows, especially if you perform it with incorrectly selected weights and bad form.
- -If you already have a problem with your elbows this exercise can be to harsh to your elbows so you may look for a substitute.