Lie back on a flat bench and put your legs firm on the floor. Grasp the bar with underhand grip (palms facing your head) with your hands around shoulder width. Lift the bar from the rack and hold it above the chest. This will be your starting position.
As you breathe in start slowly lower the weight, keeping your elbows close to your body, until you almost touch the chest. From this position carefully change the direction of the movement and bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe out.
- During the movement keep your elbows as close to your body as possible.
- To keep the tension on the triceps muscles and to minimize the involvement of the chest don’t go all the way down and don’t lock your elbows at the top.
- *Be very careful with the weight selection. If you have wrist problems or injuries this exercise is not appropriate for you and it’s better to replace it with EZ Bar Close-Grip Bench Press.
- To perform the exercise safe and correct the negative phase of the movement should be twice longer than the positive.
- Use a spotter to helps you to un-rack and rack the bar