Grab an EZ bar using a medium overhand grip and sit on the end of a flat bench with the bar on your thighs. Bring the bar up to your chest and carefully lie down on the bench. Extend your arms straight up above your chest and hold the bar (the arms should be perpendicular to the floor). This will be your starting position.
As you breathe in start slowly lower the weight toward your forehead, until the bar is about 2cm. from the top of your forehead. From this position carefully change the direction of the movement and bring the bar back to the starting position as you breathe out.
- Keep your elbows pointing forward while you performing the Ez Bar Triceps Extension.
- During the movement hold your arms perpendicular to the floor and don’t move your elbows back or forward.
- Don’t lock your elbows at the top to keep the tension on the triceps muscle.
- To perform the exercise safe and correct the negative phase of the movement should be twice longer than the positive.
- If you use heavy weights use a partner to pass you the bar.
- Be very careful with the selecting of the weights, this exercise could be very dangerous for your elbows, especially if you perform it with incorrectly selected weights.
- If you already have a problem with your elbows this exercise can be to harsh to your elbows so you may look for a substitute.