In the beginning of reverse grip bench press lie back on flat bench with eyes slightly below the bar. Put your feet firm on the floor and grasp the bar with wide supinated grip (palms backward), dismount the bar and hold it above the chest. This is your starting position.
As you inhale lower the bar in controlled manner, until you reach the lower chest, keep your elbows close to your body. Bring the bar up in an arc above your head, as you exhale and push the bar using your chest muscles.That’s one rep of reverse grip bench press
- Use a spotter to un-rack and rack the bar.
- If you training alone un-rack the bar with a normal, overhand grip, lower the bar to your chest, and carefully change your grip.
- Don’t lock your arms at the top of the movement, this would help you to keep the tension in the chest muscles.
- Keep your legs firm on the floor and don’t lift your head and glutes from the bench.
- Don’t bounce the weight of your chest, to perform the reverse grip bench press safe and correct the negative phase of the movement should be twice long than the positive.